Welcome to another installment of the Oregon Brewery Running Series Podcast; Inspiring Oregonians to Get Active, Have Fun, and Give Back. We host family-friendly, 5K fun runs that start and end at some of Oregon’s best breweries.
Today on the podcast, I’m talking with Mark Rienstra from Laughing Planet. Laughing Planet is one of our event partners, giving out free goodies to participants at (almost) every one of our events. Mark is in charge of their fresh juice program. His title is ‘Jucifer’ meaning; he’s the one making all that delicious fresh pressed juice! These juices, made primarily from vegetables, are incredibly healthy, and in a 12 oz bottle, contain three full servings or vegetables.
In this episode, Mark and I talk all about the benefits of drinking fresh pressed juice, what makes the Laughing Planet Juice special, where you can buy it, as well as a deep dive into the various health benefits of each of their different juice offerings.
About Laughing Planet’s Fresh Juice
Here’s a quick rundown of each of their current Juice offerings.
Green: kale, cucumber, apple, ginger, lemon
- Kale is loaded with calcium, antioxidants and is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet! It contains minerals which are generally lacking in the modern diet.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties, anti-nausea, and increases nutrient absorption.
- Cucumbers are high in multiple B vitamins that are known to help with anxiety/stress
- Ginger and Lemon can both provide relief from fever and cold symptoms
ABC: apple, beet, carrot
- Apples lower cholesterol, aid digestion and contain the antioxidant quercetin, which allows oxygen to reach the lungs quicker.
- Beets are loaded with vitamins and minerals and boost stamina with nitrates, potassium-nerve and muscle function, detoxes the liver and kidneys w/ manganese, folate, high in phytonutrients. Beets also can lower blood pressure.
- Carrots have tons of vitamin A, which helps the skin, hair, and nails. Beta-carotene helps the aging process. Lutein, studies have reduced the risk of stroke
Golden: golden beets, pear, yellow bell pepper, turmeric, cayenne
- Bell Peppers are full of vitamin C and carotenoids which help with cardiovascular health, male fertility, skin health, anti-cancer.
- Pears protect the colon and are an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium and is high in fiber, vitamin K.
- Turmeric can manage arthritis, pain, cholesterol, and a bunch of other stuff.
- Cayenne reduces hunger and may lower blood sugar along with aiding digestion, relieving pain, and prevents blood clots.
Flu Shot: oranges, ginger, lemon, turmeric
- Ginger gives you an anti-nausea, anti-inflammatory, circulatory stimulant!
- Orange and Lemon balance it out and give it a vitamin C boost as well as more needed antioxidants.
BetaMax: carrots, apple, ginger, lemon
Verdita: pineapple, jalapeno, mint, lime, cilantro
- Pineapples have several health benefits due to its wealth of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, including potassium, copper, manganese (strong bones), calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, beta-carotene, thiamin, vitamin B6, and folate, and bromelain (reduces phlegm and mucus).
- Jalapenos contain capsaicin which can relieve pain, treats psoriasis, and helps with weight loss increasing metabolism.
- Mint can reduce nausea, helps with congestion, improves oral health (and BREATH).
- Cilantro is an anti-oxidant, reduces stress, good for your skin/reduces acne.
- Limes have vitamin c and help your body absorb nutrients.
The Oregon Brewery Running Series is about inspiring Oregonians to Get Active, Have Fun, and Give Back. We host family-friendly, 5K fun runs that start and end at some of Oregon’s best breweries. Register for our next run here! Use promo code ‘LaughingPlanet5,’ and you’ll save $5 off your entry. Our theme music, the Oregon Song, is written and performed by James Hoffman.