Today on the podcast I’m chatting with Ashley Rose Salvitti, the craft beer-loving owner, founder, lead pretzel necklace maker at Brewvana Portland Through Craft. This show is the first in what I hope will be a regular segment on the show where we discuss all of the fun and exciting events going on in and around Portland.
I texted Ashley a few weeks ago and asked if she would be up for doing something like this; monthly podcast episodes where we sort of just riff on whatever random or interesting events we think you might enjoy. She was totally into the idea!
Ashley is a bit of an expert on these matters, and since we’re all about Being Active, Having Fun, and Giving Back here at the Oregon Brewery Running Series, I thought we could help all of you, our listeners and event participants, discover more ways to do those things when you’re not participating in our events.
Whenever I see Ashley at any beer type event, or randomly out around the city, she’s always very warm, engaging, and full of energy and positivity. As you’ll hear in this interview, she loves beer, but she loves bringing people together to enjoy and learn about the entire craft experience here in Portland, even more.
EVENTS in SEPTEMBER
Below are just a few of the events we mention in our conversation. We talk about a lot of fun stuff, so be sure to listen to the whole thing. As you can see, there are a lot of fresh hop and Oktoberfest events. Here are some for quick reference:
- GERMAN SOCIETY – SEPTEMBER 7TH
- ZOIGLHAUS – SEPTEMBER 13TH – 15TH
- EASTMORELAND/WOODSTOCK – SEPTEMBER 21ST
- OCCIDENTAL – SEPTEMBER 20- 21
- 16TH ANNUAL HOOD RIVER HOPS FEST – SEPTEMBER 21ST
- TERPFEST NW – SEPTEMBER 21ST
- PORTLAND FRESH HOP FESTIVAL – OAKS AMUSEMENT PARK – SEPTEMBER 27TH – 29TH
- HOPS AND VINES TASTING EVENT – SEPTEMBER 21ST
- BIKE RIDE IN WINE COUNTRY – SEPTEMBER 22ND
- OMSI AFTER DARK: BREWFEST – SEPTEMBER 25
- HALLOWEENTOWN – October
- PORTLAND MARATHON – October 6
Enjoy this conversation with Ashley from Brewvana Portland Through Craft. When you’re done, register for one of our amazing 5K Fun Runs! Save 20% with promo code ‘podcast’ when registering.